Marrow staffed with Wild (Bay/Weeping Bolete) Mushrooms Recipe
2012 March 4
Here is another easy-digest wild mushrooms recipe which is a combination of protein (mushrooms) and vegetables (fiber).
For this dish (for 2 servings) you will need:
3 middle-sized marrow – fiber
1 middle-sized onion – fiber
200gr of fresh of frozen Boletus badius and/or Suillus granulatus (or any other Suillus) mushrooms – protein
1 garlic – fiber
greenery – dill, green onion, etc.
1. Marrows shall be washed and skin should be peeled off. Each marrow should be cut in halves longwise and each half shall be accurately cleaned from insides by small knife.
2. Mushrooms shall be washed and brought to boil in the pot. The white foam forming before boiling shall be trimmed off.
3. Once the mushrooms are boiled for 1 minute they shall be placed in a frying pan together with cut in cubes onion and crashed garlic and fried for 2 minutes. Then, the insides of marrow shall be added, mixed, salted and fried for 3 more minutes.
Marrow flesh chopped and prepared for cooking with mushrooms
Prepared filling from mushrooms and marrow flesh
4. Now we have to fill the marrows. Use a little of olive oil to lubricate the form where you will put the filled marrows. Place the mushroom filling in marrows and arrange marrows in the form. When all marrows are in the form, place it in oven on 180C for 20 minutes.
5. Serve with fresh vegetables and greenery!
Marrow filled with mushrooms prepared for oven
Marrow filled with Bay and Weeping Bolete mushrooms
If you plan to eat this dish along with other dish make sure that your meal is made of vegetables and proteins and does not include the combinations of various fats, carbohydrates, etc.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends on Facebook by clicking on the "Like", "Tweet" or the "+1" button.
Sign up here if you'd like to receive an occasional email about what's new at Wild Mushroom Basket: